Saturday 27 August 2016

The gift of fabric

I have made some more real clothes recently.

This shirt from Vogue 8323:
And this skirt from McCall's 6608:
I thought I had finished making these shirts last time I posted about them but apparently I had one more left. To my surprise I found I liked the cowl-necked view better than the crossover view. I don't think I will make any more though. Something doesn't fit right across the shoulders, and while the square should adjustment I did helped, it's un-right enough to annoy me.
Both these fabrics were given to me by my mum as birthday presents. I've had the velvet for a while because I couldn't work out what to do with it. I think it looks very nice as this shirt but I wouldn't make another one in velvet because the nap pushes against a coat and bunches up in the armpits. This was sad discovery as I have a number of very pretty velvets in the stash that I've been trying to work out what to do with for ages.

The purple floral was a recent gift for the express purpose of making this skirt. It is most lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment