Saturday 9 February 2013

Burda 2484

While making Misery, I found I liked Burda 2484 very much, so I used it to make another couple of dresses for everyday wear.

One is made out of a lovely blue brocade. For it, I did away with the train and made more practical sleeves. Because it is a winter dress, and wide sleeves wouldn’t be very warm, I made a matching pair of cuffs. I put some same-colour braid in the front of the dress and round the sleeves. This dress is incredibly comfortable.



 This summer dress was a bit more difficult. We’ve had the fabric for years, so it was nice to finally use it, but it was very difficult to work with. It behaves like jelly and pulls all over the place, but after a few re-workings I got it to fit. For this dress I modified the train from the pattern to make a medium-length skirt that was longer at the back. When I was fitting the dress for Misery I had noticed that the back bodice fell into a nice lapel sort of shape so I incorporated back lapels into the summer dress. The last step for this outfit was finding the hot pink stockings, which proved to be quite a challenge.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment